Sunday, May 20, 2007

Can't stand you

Can’t stand the way you would walk pass me
Making me turn into your direction,
Letting time slip by my fingers
And losing every bit of my concentration

Can’t stand the way you would call my name out of nowhere
With your voice like the whisper of the wind to a tree
Causing me to freeze like an abstract statue
Not knowing what I should or who I should be

Can’t stand the way you would sing songs
That are obviously out of tune
But you make my world flourish
Even if it’s in the middle of June

Can’t stand the way you would laugh loudly
With a joke that’s clearly shallow
But you would find it very amusing
As everyone else follows

Can’t stand the way you would tell me
A very silly but nevertheless funny joke
Nor the way you would sneak up behind me
Just to take a sip from my coke

Can’t stand the way your hair
Is combed down in the morning
Nor the way you wouldn’t answer
My calls to you in the evening

Can’t stand the way you would
Belittle others especially me
And my so called talents
But it’s no big deal, really

Can’t stand the way
You would make me chase you around the school
Just for you to see how fast I could go
And Making me act like a complete fool



Can’t stand the way you would
make me stutter words all of a sudden
even if I have perfect diction
it just sort of happens

Can’t stand the way you would
Take food from my plate
But I guess it can’t be helped
Since I think of it as our mini date

Can’t stand the way you would make everything
Seem like some ridiculous joke
Even if the problem appears very deep
And the towel I’m crying on seems to be soaked

But the thing that I can’t really stand
is how you make me fall endlessly in love with you
with only your smileand just about everything that I can’t stand about you that you do

No comments: